Thursday 13 October 2016

Renovation project - Why you shouldn't walk under ladders!

Renovation project - Why you shouldn't walk under ladders!
Now John is feeling better it is full steam ahead, we are going on holiday in a few weeks and want to be as finished as possible before we leave.
So we are going to paint the bedroom in the little house, this is a job that is made difficult by the beams, we love the vaulted ceiling and the beams that are on show, but it does make decorating far more difficult. John has stained all the beams and we have to paint very carefully around them.
I am cutting in around the edges and John is doing the ceiling, now here is a big tip for anybody sharing the decorating, DO NOT cut in underneath where the other person is painting, you know that old superstition about walking under a ladder? Well I now know why it is considered unlucky, it is nothing to do with luck, it is because, the other person may suddenly become clumsy and knock the paint pot off the top off the ladder, if you are underneath, as I was, the paint pot will land on you!
The shock of having a big tub of paint suddenly land on you is, quite simply shocking, John just looked and said he could see it in slow motion but couldn’t stop it, (hmmm....)
My painting is cut short as I strip off the now white clothes and go for a shower.

Not quite what I expected, but after the initial shock, and shocking language, it was quite funny. And the room does look good.
Renovation project - painting a vaulted ceiling

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness!!! I hope the tin didn't hurt you too much! Also that the paint comes off.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it was a plastic bucket and an extra long shower did the trick, only the pride was hurt :) x

      Delete
  2. The room does look completely refreshed and classic now. Oh, but I do wish you had let John take a picture of you covered in the white paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks and that was the only time John has ever offered to take a photo!

      Delete
  3. And he didn't take a picture?! ;) My hubby would have hopped down off that ladder like a spry 16-yr. old and snapped away. haha. Then sent it to all our family. Good thing though the can didn't pop you in the head. That could have been dangerous and hurt. Oh...I don't walk under ladders. :) The ceiling and beams are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. normally I am very superstitious (wish I had been on that day!) He had more sense than to go for the camera ha ha

      Delete
  4. I think I would have a lot more "words" than you had. Good thing you have a nice sense of humor. I have been following your renovation for some time and am so impressed with all that you have accomplished. (Bit jealous, actually) Looking forward to the finished result. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I couldn't write the words that were actually used :) glad you are enjoying the blog

      Delete