Friday 21 October 2016

Renovation project - I'm not well

Renovation project - I'm not well


Picture courtesy of
http://quotesgram.com/img/menopause-humor-quotes/5230630/

I have not been on top form for a few months, not really ill, just very tired and a few little niggles and the complete inability to regulate my body temperature. I have always felt the cold, but now my favourite place in the house is usually in the freezer. You will often find me with my head in there and John holding bags of frozen veg on my back trying to cool me down.
I have been on Google and so far have self diagnosed, a brain tumour, cancer, diabetes and some very exotic diseases, so I decide to see the doctor, just for a check up.
I spend about 40 minutes with the GP, it is very hard to describe what is actually wrong as I am not quite sure, but he gives me a prescription for what I assume is every blood test going, the nurse arrives at the house to take the blood and the results will be with me in a couple of days.
They arrive on Friday so I make an appointment to see the GP on Monday.
When I go into see him, he asks why I am there as he telephoned and left a message on Friday to let me know that all of my results were clear, because he didn’t want me to worry over the weekend. Can you imagine a doctor doing this anywhere else?
But now we don’t know why I feel the way I do, maybe it is because I have lost weight, or maybe it might be the menopause (I have the symptoms, and this would explain my new found love affair with the freezer).
He suggests I see a gynaecologist.
I e-mail the gynaecologist consultant for an appointment. Yes I e-mail the consultant directly! And what is more amazing is she replies with an appointment.
I still can’t believe how good the health service is here in France.
I sit and chat with her for some time and she gives a thorough examination, it appears that I am definitely hitting the menopause, oh what joy, but at least now I know why I am suddenly so hot all night and getting even less sleep than I used to,
But at least I don’t have all the killer diseases that Google diagnosed, always a silver lining!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun getting older as a female-NOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the menopause. I am 63 now and remember it well. It started when I was 50 and lasted many years. The main symptom was hot flashes/flushes and I still am too hot at night whilst my husband is too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlane, I'm only 46 but had symptoms for some years, now it is nightly :(

      Delete
    2. Take heart it is OK in the end. For me it was dealing with the issues such as hot flashes, aging. But not having periods and mood swings and coming out of it feeling strong is the reward.

      Delete