Friday 17 May 2013

Renovation project - An oasis of beauty on a building site


Renovation project - An oasis of beauty on a building site

I wake up refreshed I have finally had a goodnights sleep, oh the difference of having a real bed and one that is big enough for us both to fit in, how the hell have we managed for so long on a tiny pull out bed settee!
This maybe one of our biggest tips so far, get a real bed as 9 months without one is not good, I don’t ache and I don’t wake feeling tired and moody, I hadn’t realised how much of an impact not having the bed had made!

Today we have to fit all of the skirting boards to the landing; we are using the same type of skirting boards that we used in the bedroom.



You may be wondering what I have been up to over the past few days as obviously John has been doing many of these jobs by himself, well I’ll tell you what I’ve been doing, I’ve been cleaning, then cleaning some more and then cleaning once again, it really never stops as every job causes so much dust! I have also been moving tools and wood from room to room, yes I manage to get a space clean and cleared and then John destroys it!

But soon all of the tools will be downstairs and this floor will be our living space.

The back bedroom is almost emptied again and I am so looking forward to this being the living room.
Today I opened both windows wide and leaned out, I could still see the blossom trees and all you could hear was birds and the occasional baa from Edith and Amelie, stood at this window you would have no idea you are in a town, the smells, sights and sounds are the perfect antidote to any stress for your senses, I could be felicity Kendal on my farm (just with the added benefit of going to the butchers and bakers that are down the road rather than making my own meat and vegetables!).

It is the most incredible feeling and stood here with your back to the mess you can almost believe we are nearly finished, bugger I turned round and saw all of the crap, oh well back to reality but at least I know I have a little oasis of beauty in the building site.

No comments:

Post a Comment