Wednesday 20 March 2013

Guest post from British Corner shop


Guest post from British Corner shop

British Corner Shop® is the online supermarket for British Expats. Shop for all your British groceries from our range of 8,000 products. We deliver your order to your home anywhere in the world

Have you ever had one of those moments where you really fancy something to eat, so much so that you can almost taste it, you’re mouth is salivating when you think about it, Yes? Well so did I the other day, I really wanted a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, don’t ask me why, because back in England we only really had this at Christmas or on rare occasions, (mainly due to the amount of washing up it involves) but today I wanted it, no today I craved it.

So much so that I left my new found French food pride (or is that snobbery) behind and went to the Brit aisle in the local supermarket to buy some Paxo stuffing, I have never bought from this aisle before, and scorned those that did.

But if I didn’t get that Paxo stuffing, I don’t think John would’ve survived the night. To my horror they only sold the ‘Happy Shopper’ version and this cost seven the times the amount it should have cost, but I need John to live, so the house can be finished.

The dinner was lovely, not Paxo lovely but lovely (all those in the UK will know exactly what I mean when I talk about Paxo).

Any way this got me thinking, it is rare that I ever miss UK food but on the times that I do, what am I going to do? So I hit Google and found that there are delivery companies for just this occasion, the one I liked was British Corner Shop (so much so that they now advertise on the blog!)

I am not saying that I will now start to buy UK food all the time but on those occasions where I do not want to look like the dreaded expat Brit I know I can order anything without the locals knowing (this helps to keep my French food snobbery alive)

The site is easy to order from as it is all done on line and the standard delivery is efficient, it took 9 days from order to arrival.

And for those like me who are not the best on the computer there is even a telephone helpline.

British Corner Shop delivers worldwide, so if you have that sudden urge for something from home, click on the British Corner Sop link on the blog http://jennyandjohninbrittany.blogspot.com and as a thank you by quoting JENNYBLOGBCS13 in the voucher code on the site British Corner Shop will also give you 10% of your order (excludes shipping).

No comments:

Post a Comment